As Certified LPI 360 degree Coaches, we at AdvantEdge Success Coaching can provide your leaders with 360 feedback using the Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI 360). This comprehensive feedback tool can help you meet HR Services goals such as Executive Coaching, Management Training, & Leadership Development. Whether your leaders are at the top of their game or challenged by their leadership role, they can always become a better leader.
Barbara Jordan, our lead LPI 360 Certified Coach, has a deep understanding of the different ways to use the LPI reports to help aspiring leaders grow and change in positive ways. LPI 360 Certified Coaches are experts in the use and delivery of the LPI. They are well-versed in the statistical credibility of the instrument. LPI 360 Certified Coaches have practiced many coaching skills so that leaders make the best use of the LPI within a variety of leadership development situations. We have a thorough understanding of The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership® and the LPI Feedback Report format.
The Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI)
The LPI is the most widely used 360-degree leadership assessment tool available today. It includes the LPI-Self instrument & the LPI-Observer instrument. These 30-item instruments measure the frequency of leadership behaviors in The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership® outlined in Kouzes and Posner’s book entitled Leadership Challenge:
- Model the Way
- Inspire a Shared Vision
- Challenge the Process
- Enable Others to Act
- Encourage the Heart
The LPI 360 assessment provides a very comprehensive report and allows others to provide feedback to the leader, a 360-degree view of how their leadership is perceived by everyone around the leader–the immediate manager, co-workers, and direct reports. Leaders become aware of how they see themselves as leaders, how others view them, and what actions they can take to improve their effectiveness. The simple yet powerful LPI 360 is supported by more than thirty years of empirical research. In order to measure and demonstrate ROI of leadership development and executive coaching, the LPI 360 can be taken at intervals (i.e., at the beginning and at the end of coaching). The LPI 360 has a unique view of leadership as a measurable, learnable, and teachable set of behaviors.
According to the creators of The Leadership Challenge, leaders who use LPI behaviors frequently:
- Create higher-performing teams.
- Generate increased sales and customer satisfaction.
- Foster loyalty and organizational commitment.
- Enhance motivation and willingness to work hard.
Leaders who engage more frequently in The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership® are more effective and successful than those who do not. People working with exemplary leaders feel more committed, powerful, and influential.
Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI) 4th edition Facilitator’s Guide. Copyright 2013 by James M. Kouzes & Barry Posner.
Do You Have Leaders With:
- Problems handling authority and communicating assertively?
- Difficulty prioritizing tasks, making decisions, delegating and managing time?
Do Your Leaders:
- Fail to inspire, encourage, or mentor others
- Lack clear goals or vision
- Fail to delegate
- Lack accountability or fail to hold others accountable
- Communicate poorly
- Lack strategy
Is Ineffective Leadership At Your Company Destroying:
- Bottom-line results?
- Employee engagement?
- Team productivity?
- Positive change and innovation?
The LPI Can Benefit Your Organization:
Leaders striving to be their best:
- Are more engaged in ensuring the organization’s success
- Take responsibility for their personal and professional growth
- Perform with greater passion and purpose
- Foster loyalty and commitment to goals and values
- Build collaborative and high-performing teams
Other organizational benefits include:
- job satisfaction
- talent retention
- employee commitment
- sales performance.
According to Kouzes & Posner, exemplary leaders Model the Way, Inspire a Shared Vision, Challenge the Process, Enable Others to Act, and Encourage the Heart. If you’d like your leaders to do the same, purchase the LPI 360 and help them identify and increase these specific behaviors. Then we can coach your leaders so that they meet their individual goals. Invest in the LPI and follow-up coaching. It is time-limited and focused on your leaders’ goals, actions, and outcomes. This is the most useful way to teach interpersonal, communication or people skills to new or challenged leaders.
When you purchase the assessment, it is only the first step. Without coaching with an LPI-trained coach/facilitator, the feedback provided by the LPI may be lost. If you want the best results, we suggest your leaders engage in a coaching relationship with our LPI experts.
Coaching with The LPI®: Leadership Practices Inventory® builds leadership skills by providing leaders with support and accountability throughout their leadership development after taking the LPI®.
This coaching helps leaders move from intent to action and reinforce what they learned. AdvantEdge coaches bring out the best in each leader using the feedback received with the LPI®. Organizations investing in this coaching have found a return of more than seven times their initial investment.
What can you expect participants to receive from LPI® coaching sessions?
- Receive guidance for debriefing the LPI®, ensuring follow-up with raters and providers
- Own the value of feedback and meaning of the results of the LPI®
- Connect the 30 behaviors and The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership® to the leader’s workplace and leadership challenges
- Create a written leadership development plan to enlist their manager and constituents in their developmental efforts
- Prepare to share feedback and ask for support in their efforts, especially with their manager
- Take action steps in demonstrating effective leadership behaviors
- Identify roadblocks, both personal or organizational, that may inhibit forward action
- Identify resources, opportunities, and tools to support development efforts
- Understand and build accountability throughout their leadership journey
- Become more effective in targeted areas such as communication, influencing, and visioning
During these confidential sessions, a coach guides the leader through the LPI® feedback discussion, action planning, and execution. Between coaching sessions, leaders will complete challenging practical exercises directly related to their personal leadership development goals.
Group coaching creates a safe environment for leaders from different teams across the organization to discuss their LPI®feedback and progress on action plans.
To customize the coaching experience, we:
- Consider the particular needs of those being coached
- Utilize a variety of assessments to heighten self-discovery
- Provide a structured yet flexible process that empowers each leader to meet his or her goals
- Work with each leader and his or her manager to define what success looks like and how best to measure it
To make the best investment in your leaders, call us today!
In the meantime, you can check out these video clips of our past presentations:
For more information on how we can help you or your business, call us today at: